Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Witness testifies he saw Marriott’s body
Hickok said Mazzaglia gave few details about the situation as he and Gerkin walked up to Mazzaglia’s apartment on the night of Marriott’s death.
Hickok said that when he entered the apartment, a body “was laying there, with bags over the head.”
He said Mazzaglia appeared “very confused” as he sat on a futon next to the body.
Mazzaglia, 31, faces first- and second-degree murder charges in the death of Marriott, 19, a University of New Hampshire student from Westborough, Mass.
Defense attorneys have accused McDonough of killing Marriott that night during rough sex that led to suffocation and a seizure.
Hickok said he and Gerkin were in the apartment for no more than 30 minutes.
Hickok said he and Gerkin urged Mazzaglia to call for help before leaving.
Hickok said he and Gerkin went directly home.
Assistant Attorney General Geoffrey Ward asked Hickok why he didn’t call for help then or in the days after.
Hickok said that after he and Gerkin realized on Oct. 11 that Marriott had been named a missing person, they “decided to do something,” but police came to their home before he acted.
He said he gave recorded statements to police that weekend.
McDonough has testified that after Mazzaglia strangled Marriott, he raped her limp body. McDonough has said she then helped Mazzaglia pack Marriott’s body into a suitcase and drive Marriott’s car to Peirce Island, where she said they pushed Marriott’s body into waters known for their strong currents.
Hennessey said McDonough told her and another officer that she hadn’t seen Marriott on Oct. 9, despite their plans to shoot photos in a Dover cemetery. Hennessey testified, under questioning by defense attorney Joachim Barth, that McDonough said she went to the cemetery alone.
“The color drained from her face,” Hennessey said. “Her tongue got real thick, and she got real quiet.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
- Police say video surveillance captured drug sellers and buyers in Laconia - 0
- Pair indicted by Coos County grand jury over robbery, beating - 0
- Litchfield police find pot growing operation - 0
- North Stratford man charged with cheating pair in lumber deal - 0
- Police say ex-sports editor admitted to child sex abuse image addiction - 0
- Hearing set for Abby Hernandez's alleged kidnapper - 0
- Police asking for help locating alleged donation jar thief - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Police say man was carrying kids' bikes and heroin; close call for officer; armed robbery - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown on 'outsourcing' criticism: No Comment - 0
- Obama's indecision: In NH, only Ayotte urges action - 12
- Concealed controversy: Our 'Mother, may I' gun policy - 12
- Delana and Samuel Curtis — a marriage not made in heaven - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 6
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 23
- Proposed hike for Manchester's driver education course reversed - 1
- With SNHU merger on hold, search renewed for NHIA president - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Obama waits: A terror threat grows
- Total Votes: 917