Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
AG's office: 4-month-old boy dead, twin sister injured in Lyman home
The boy was found "in medical distress" at 4:51 a.m. Wednesday after police responded to a call from an "adult male and adult female at the home," Jeffery Strelzin, chief of the Attorney General's Homicide Unit, said in a statement.
The boy was taken to a local hospital and declared dead. His twin sister remained in the hospital Wednesday night, Strelzin said.
"The circumstances that led to the infant male's death and his sister's injuries are under investigation," Strelzin's statement said.
Paul Achilles of 9 Quebec Road, who said he lives about a half-mile from the infants' house — Strelzin did not release the home's address — said a police presence was still at the home about 7 p.m. Wednesday.
"I know the crime lab is up there and everything is cordoned off," he said.
Achilles said he was saddened, but not surprised, by what happened to the babies.
"It's not a good situation. I know there's drug problems up there," he said of the home.
Achilles said he'd never heard of anything similar happening in Lyman before.
"No, never," he said. "It's a small community."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483