Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
AG's office: 4-month-old boy dead, twin sister injured in Lyman home
The boy was found "in medical distress" at 4:51 a.m. Wednesday after police responded to a call from an "adult male and adult female at the home," Jeffery Strelzin, chief of the Attorney General's Homicide Unit, said in a statement.
The boy was taken to a local hospital and declared dead. His twin sister remained in the hospital Wednesday night, Strelzin said.
"The circumstances that led to the infant male's death and his sister's injuries are under investigation," Strelzin's statement said.
Paul Achilles of 9 Quebec Road, who said he lives about a half-mile from the infants' house — Strelzin did not release the home's address — said a police presence was still at the home about 7 p.m. Wednesday.
"I know the crime lab is up there and everything is cordoned off," he said.
Achilles said he was saddened, but not surprised, by what happened to the babies.
"It's not a good situation. I know there's drug problems up there," he said of the home.
Achilles said he'd never heard of anything similar happening in Lyman before.
"No, never," he said. "It's a small community."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 1
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 1
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
- Trial involving former Derry town administrator delayed - 0
- Months later, cause of Canterbury logger's death remains a mystery - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 3
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917