Londonderry district considering longer school day for fall 2015
One idea being considered is to make the school day 10 minutes longer starting in Fall 2015, Superintendent Nate Greenberg said at Tuesday’s School Board meeting.
Londonderry’s first day of school for the 2014-2015 school year is Aug. 26. A proposal to add 10 minutes to each school day would essentially guarantee Londonderry’s school year would end at a reasonable time.
“I certainly share the frustration with many,” Hendricks said. “We’re not the only district that struggles with this, but I think it’s incumbent upon is to put together a plan that works.”
Friday’s last day of school is still five days earlier than 2009, when the last day of school was pushed to June 25 after a major ice storm forced schools to close for an extended time.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Diocese of Manchester's journey of faith - 0
- Christ Church in Exeter gets grant for Cuba work - 0
- Parishioners mourn death of longtime priest at St. Hedwig in Manchester - 0
- All Saints' Episcopal picks a new rector - 0
- New rabbi joins Temple Israel of Portsmouth - 0
- Granite Staters set sights on Quebec pilgrimage - 0
- Pope begs forgiveness for 'sacrilegious cult' of Church sex abuse - 0
- Sudan releases Ibrahim, but insists she stay there - 0
- Emergency preparedness class offered for churches - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Market Basket community waits and watches
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'