action:article | category:NEWS03 | adString:NEWS03 | zoneID:67
Amber Blackman

Amber Blackman

Dec 4, 2014

Fugitive of the Week Jonathan Benedict


Jonathan E. Benedict

Oct 30, 2014

Darrell Cook

Darrell W. Cook

Oct 2, 2014

Michael Polchies


Michael Polchies

Sep 25, 2014

Home » News » Crime

June 19. 2014 11:01PM

Police say Manchester shooting incident was gang-related


MANCHESTER — Police said it was a gang “beef” that led to a bullet being fired at a door at 382 Cedar St. Monday night, sending splinters into the face of a 17-year-old.

The 19-year-old accused of firing that shot was arraigned Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division in connection with the shooting.

Adrien Stillwell, of Dorchester, Mass., could enter no plea to felony charges of reckless conduct and felon in possession of a deadly weapon. A probable cause hearing was set for July 3, to determine whether there is sufficient evidence to send the case to the Hillsborough County North Grand Jury for possible indictment.

Because Stillwell was out on bail on a June 10 resisting arrest charge, scheduled for trial July 14, when he allegedly committed a new crime, police prosecutors filed a motion to revoke Stillwell’s bail. A hearing was set for Friday morning to determine whether he should be held without bail until the July 14 trial date.

Stillwell is described in court documents as a member of the street gang OTL — Orange to Laurel streets — while the juvenile who was fired at told police he has friends in the 180 gang.

When police responded to the Cedar Street address shortly before 10:30 Monday night, the juvenile’s mother said her son and his friends were approached by three males as they neared the address, with one of the males shouting: “Who wants to die? Who wants to die?”

Court documents show the juvenile entered the Cedar Street building and his apartment, but then went back to the front door and opened it. As he looked out, he told police, he saw the male — identified as Stillwell — take a handgun from his waist, raise and point it at him and fire.

The juvenile told police he saw the flash from the barrel as he closed the door. He said he felt the bullet hit the door and fragments from the door hit him in the face, causing minor injuries.

Police said the juvenile’s mother was standing directly behind him, and several of his friends were in the immediate area when the gun was fired at the building. Police recovered a spent .22 caliber shell casing and a live .22 cartridge at the shooting scene.

The 17-year-old said he was reluctant to tell police who the shooter was because he didn’t want to be known as a “snitch.” Although Stillwell uses a Massachusetts address, the victim told police he had gone to Manchester High School Central with Stillwell.

Stillwell was arrested without incident about 5 p.m. Wednesday, when the vehicle in which he was a passenger was stopped by police in the area of Derry and Amherst streets.

Stillwell was convicted of assault by a prisoner March 27 in Hillsborough County Superior Court North. The assault occurred while Stillwell was being held in connection with a January 2013 break-in and subsequent robbery and severe beating of a pizza delivery man on Lake Avenue. At that time, Stillwell used a Spruce Street address.

Police said the pizza delivery man suffered five broken ribs and lacerations. Robbery and assault charges were not pursued.

Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
  • Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
  • KSC students
  • 37%
  • KSC administration
  • 2%
  • Police
  • 6%
  • Visitors from out of town
  • 18%
  • A combination of any/all of the above
  • 37%
  • Total Votes: 2483

 New Hampshire Business Directory



 New Hampshire Events Calendar


Upcoming Events