Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. man dies of injuries in NH motorcycle crash
According to state police, at 12:01 a.m. Thursday a motorcycle crash was reported on I-93. Troopers found a 2002 Harley Davidson XL1200, resting on its side in the high-speed breakdown lane. Brian Ahern, 52, of Lowell was deceased at the scene from injuries he suffered in the crash.
State police said that, from witness statements and evidence found in the road, investigators determined the motorcycle went off the highway on the western side and crashed. I-93 south of exit 3 was closed for about 45 minutes, when police opened the high speed lane to southbound traffic. The travel lane, however, remained closed for more than two hours.
State police were assisted on scene by Windham Fire and Rescue and state Department of Transportation personnel.
The accident remains under investigation by Trooper Matthew Locke. Anyone who saw the collision is asked to call him at state police, Troop B barracks, at 603-666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change