POW/MIA vigil attendees glad Bergdahl was brought home
As about 100 people looked on — including many bikers, as it is Bike Week — Amorosi said people should talk about Bergdahl.
“Every senator and congressman in Washington has a letter from us about getting Bowe Bergdahl home,” he said. “He was a prisoner of war, we worked to get him home.”
“For 26 years, we have lived by four principles at this vigil: faith, trust, responsibility and accountability,” he said. “We are glad Sgt. Bergdahl is home, and for now our choice is to stick with the facts, and right now there aren’t a lot of facts. We’ll wait for the investigation for more facts.”
“We’re all just glad he’s home,” Amorosi said.
Holly Tetreault, a blue-star mother with a son serving in the military, said Bergdahl’s return is a “triumph.”
Asked about Bergdahl, he got emotional, but did not want to discuss the matter aside from saying he’s glad Bergdahl is back in the U.S.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 3
- Pat Buchanan: The high price of papal popularity - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown does not get what 'pro-choice' really means - 15
- Deroy Murdock: Scott Brown's good case for a Republican Senate - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Rise of the Clinton Democrats (not really) - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 23
- Political correctness could wind up killing a lot of Americans - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: Ebola vs. civil liberties - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suspect identified in shooting at Canada's Parliament - 0
- Husband found guilty, wife awaiting trial in murder of St. Johnsbury, Vt., teacher - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: How offshore oil rigs are helping the environment - 0
- Teen who struck two Hampton women seeks to overturn license suspension - 0
- Jury convicts Rochester man, three other ex-Blackwater guards in 2007 Baghdad killings - 0
- Three indicted in beating, robbery of pizza delivery man in Somersworth - 0
- Man dies, toddler rescued in Manchester apartment fire - 0
- Motorist struck by car while changing tire on I-93 in Londonderry - 1
- Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate - 3
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate