Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man, 84, dies after being struck by car on Bridge Street
A news release said police responded to the report of the accident in the area of Bridge and Ashland streets at 9:40 p.m.
Andrew Menard, 26, of Hooksett was driving a 2003 Subaru Forester west on Bridge Street when the car struck Francis Allen, 84, of Manchester, who was crossing the street, police said. Allen was taken to the Elliot Hospital, where he died from his injuries.
Menard and his passenger Chelsea Ackerman, 23, also of Hooksett, were not injured.
Police said alcohol was not a contributing factor. The crash is under investigation by police and anyone with information is asked to contact them at 668-8711.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 6
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist