Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man, 84, dies after being struck by car on Bridge Street
A news release said police responded to the report of the accident in the area of Bridge and Ashland streets at 9:40 p.m.
Andrew Menard, 26, of Hooksett was driving a 2003 Subaru Forester west on Bridge Street when the car struck Francis Allen, 84, of Manchester, who was crossing the street, police said. Allen was taken to the Elliot Hospital, where he died from his injuries.
Menard and his passenger Chelsea Ackerman, 23, also of Hooksett, were not injured.
Police said alcohol was not a contributing factor. The crash is under investigation by police and anyone with information is asked to contact them at 668-8711.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters