Rare bird alert by New Hampshire Audubon
There was an unconfirmed report of a Mississippi kite in Epping on June 11.
A least bittern was seen at World End Pond in Salem, and one was seen at the marsh located near Surrey Lane in Durham, both on June 11. A sora and a Virginia rail were reported from the marsh on Geremonty Drive in Salem on June 12.
A black-crowned night-heron was reported from near Rye Harbor on June 14.
A male bufflehead was seen and photographed at Bayberry Pond in Kingston on June 15.
A possible yellow-billed cuckoo was reported from Boire Field in Nashua on June 15.
A fish crow was reported from Durham on June 14.
A black-backed woodpecker nest with two adults present and young birds heard begging was reported from nearly 1 mile along the Caps Ridge Trail, off of the Jefferson Notch Road in the White Mountains on June 15. Also present were at least two Bicknell’s thrushes.
A palm warbler was reported from Bradford Bog on June 14.
Three Boreal chickadees, a bay-breasted warbler, a mourning warbler and an olive-sided flycatcher were seen in Pittsburg on June 15.
An olive-sided flycatcher was seen at Dodge Pond in Lyman on June 14, and an American bittern was heard here on June 16.
Birders in the Lake Umbagog area in early June reported several gray jays, at least four olive-sided flycatchers, two Merlins, and a black-backed woodpecker.
Two yellow-bellied flycatchers were reported from Mountain Road in Lempster on June 14.
A Northern saw-whet owl was heard in Nashua on June 16.
More than 200 bank swallow nests were tallied along the Merrimack River in Concord on June 14.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The Wailin' Jennys take the Plymouth stage - 0
- ACT ONE presents See Rock City - 0
- Visit Fish and Game at the Fairs - 0
- Mosquito spraying in Pelham to be done Monday, Tuesday - 0
- Merrimack to replace bridge over Baboosic River - 1
- Derry Councilors launch Spacetown T-shirt campaign - 0
- Waterville Valley Resort set to offer ‘Most Spectacular Bike Race’ in September - 0
- Mosquito spraying to begin next week in Pelham - 0
- Historic Merrimack bridge to be replaced - 0
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen