Busy July in Lancaster with 250th anniversary celebrations on tap
Next year, the group is planning a concert of Appalachian music.
On Saturday, July 12, a special program put on by the Noyes Free Lecture Fund called Ricky Nelson Remembered, will be held at 3 p.m. at the Lancaster Fairgrounds, located on Route 3. The performers are Ricky Nelson's two sons, Gunnar and Matthew.
On Saturday, July 26, Lancaster's annual street fair will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. along Main Street (the street remains open) and includes vendors, crafts, food and a children's area. There will also be a wiffle ball tournament and historic tours.
In conjunction with the street fair, again in honor of the 250th anniversary, Dr. Nathan Drum of Lancaster Eye Care, has organized a Civil War encampment. It is being sponsored by Lancaster Eye Care and Woodsville Guaranty Savings Bank.
Participants, and Dr. Drum said he is expecting 50 infantrymen, will camp overnight in the park. Participants include the 5th and 6th N.H. regiments and the 3rd Vermont regiment.
An authentic Civil War-era church service will be held on Sunday at 9:30 a.m. The church service will be followed by skirmishes, cooking and musket- loading demonstrations.
The N.H. Serenade Band will perform at the town gazebo at 6:30 p.m. Two light artillery cannons will be fired at 8 p.m.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.