Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Pa. man arrested after chase, theft of Salem cruiser
Zygarowski ripped off the Taser prongs and knocked the Taser out of Pearson's hands, according to police. He then jumped back into his car and fled.
Zygarowski turned onto Interstate 495 South and drove into Lawrence, Mass., taking the exit for Route 114 West with Pearson still behind in pursuit, police said.
Zygarowski eventually got out of his car on Essex Street, and Pearson - without backup - ordered Zygarowski to stop.
Pearson detained the passengers as police officers from Lawrence, Salem and the Massachusetts State Police arrived. The cruiser was found a few blocks away on Merrimack View Court in Lawrence.
A widespread search by police was being conducted when a gas station worker about 3½ miles away called police about a man inside Ted's Mobil on Route 28 in Methuen, Mass.
Officers from Methuen, Salem, the Essex County Sheriff's Office, Massachusetts State Police and New Hampshire State Police converged on the area.
He is being held at the Rockingham County Jail in Brentwood pending his arraignment Monday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem Division.
Additional charges are expected, and the investigation is ongoing, police said. The two passengers cooperated with the investigation and were not charged. One passenger said he repeatedly asked to be let out of the car, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483