Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Pa. man arrested after chase, theft of Salem cruiser
Zygarowski ripped off the Taser prongs and knocked the Taser out of Pearson's hands, according to police. He then jumped back into his car and fled.
Zygarowski turned onto Interstate 495 South and drove into Lawrence, Mass., taking the exit for Route 114 West with Pearson still behind in pursuit, police said.
Zygarowski eventually got out of his car on Essex Street, and Pearson - without backup - ordered Zygarowski to stop.
Pearson detained the passengers as police officers from Lawrence, Salem and the Massachusetts State Police arrived. The cruiser was found a few blocks away on Merrimack View Court in Lawrence.
A widespread search by police was being conducted when a gas station worker about 3½ miles away called police about a man inside Ted's Mobil on Route 28 in Methuen, Mass.
Officers from Methuen, Salem, the Essex County Sheriff's Office, Massachusetts State Police and New Hampshire State Police converged on the area.
He is being held at the Rockingham County Jail in Brentwood pending his arraignment Monday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem Division.
Additional charges are expected, and the investigation is ongoing, police said. The two passengers cooperated with the investigation and were not charged. One passenger said he repeatedly asked to be let out of the car, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Business Newsreel: Kimberly-Clark faces lawsuit over Ebola protection gear - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483