Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Pa. man arrested after chase, theft of Salem cruiser
Zygarowski ripped off the Taser prongs and knocked the Taser out of Pearson's hands, according to police. He then jumped back into his car and fled.
Zygarowski turned onto Interstate 495 South and drove into Lawrence, Mass., taking the exit for Route 114 West with Pearson still behind in pursuit, police said.
Zygarowski eventually got out of his car on Essex Street, and Pearson - without backup - ordered Zygarowski to stop.
Pearson detained the passengers as police officers from Lawrence, Salem and the Massachusetts State Police arrived. The cruiser was found a few blocks away on Merrimack View Court in Lawrence.
A widespread search by police was being conducted when a gas station worker about 3½ miles away called police about a man inside Ted's Mobil on Route 28 in Methuen, Mass.
Officers from Methuen, Salem, the Essex County Sheriff's Office, Massachusetts State Police and New Hampshire State Police converged on the area.
He is being held at the Rockingham County Jail in Brentwood pending his arraignment Monday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem Division.
Additional charges are expected, and the investigation is ongoing, police said. The two passengers cooperated with the investigation and were not charged. One passenger said he repeatedly asked to be let out of the car, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 10
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917