Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Pa. man arrested after chase, theft of Salem cruiser
Zygarowski ripped off the Taser prongs and knocked the Taser out of Pearson's hands, according to police. He then jumped back into his car and fled.
Zygarowski turned onto Interstate 495 South and drove into Lawrence, Mass., taking the exit for Route 114 West with Pearson still behind in pursuit, police said.
Zygarowski eventually got out of his car on Essex Street, and Pearson - without backup - ordered Zygarowski to stop.
Pearson detained the passengers as police officers from Lawrence, Salem and the Massachusetts State Police arrived. The cruiser was found a few blocks away on Merrimack View Court in Lawrence.
A widespread search by police was being conducted when a gas station worker about 3½ miles away called police about a man inside Ted's Mobil on Route 28 in Methuen, Mass.
Officers from Methuen, Salem, the Essex County Sheriff's Office, Massachusetts State Police and New Hampshire State Police converged on the area.
He is being held at the Rockingham County Jail in Brentwood pending his arraignment Monday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem Division.
Additional charges are expected, and the investigation is ongoing, police said. The two passengers cooperated with the investigation and were not charged. One passenger said he repeatedly asked to be let out of the car, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917