Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Chickens come home to roost with lucky German golfers
— From our June 18 story on the issue of allowing chickens in Manchester
You can't make this stuff up. Actually, we probably could. It would save on having to send reporters out to report. But I don’t think the stories would be as creative.
If we are going to allow chickens, will the law allow us to stand our ground against rogue poultry?
Are there, in fact, techniques or weapons that work particularly well against chickens? I have heard, alas, that they may be as scarce as hen’s teeth.
I think Alderman-at-Large Levasseur is right to keep pecking away at this idea. The unintended consequences of a chicken ordinance need more study. Otherwise, Manchester may find itself with egg on its face.
Meanwhile, a friend here at work has been crowing over last week’s U.S. Open golf win by German Martin Kaymer. My friend happens to have been born in Germany (in a log cabin with mice as roommates, to hear him tell it). Kaymer is the first German to win the Open.
Write to Joe McQuaid at Publisher@unionleader.com or on Twitter at @Deucecrew
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mary Chapin Carpenter - 0
- George Benson - 0
- Ghost Encounters at Canterbury Shaker Village - 0
- Comedian Juston McKinney - 0
- Annual Zombie Walks - 0
- Ghosts on the Banke - 0
- 2014 New Hampshire Auto Show - 0
- New Hampshire Brew Fest - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner: October 24-26, 2014 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apparent murder-suicide in Lincoln - 0
- Bullpen stakes Royals to 2-1 World Series edge - 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Hassan, Havenstein spar over education
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood