Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man gets suspended sentence for robbery
The sentence handed down on Monday was the result of a negotiated plea deal.Charges of attempted kidnapping, theft and criminal threatening were dropped as part of the agreement.
Larochelle could have faced 7½ to 15 years in prison had he been convicted at trial.
Police said the woman Larochelle targeted had been retrieving items from her vehicle while parked in front of a Shaw’s supermarket. Larochelle approached with a box-cutter-style knife and tried to force the woman into a car, according to a police affidavit.
Larochelle then climbed into the woman’s car through the driver’s side door and sat in the passenger side, but the woman refused to get in, the woman told police.
The woman fled and called out to some men in the parking lot for help.
Police from area departments cordoned off a wooded area near the supermarket on Lafayette Road. Larochelle was found in woods near Fern Road.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483