Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Plea deal in fatal boat crash on Country Pond in Kingston would allow six-month jail term
Lawrence Buswell, 53, of Kingston, struck a plea agreement with prosecutors regarding the fatal boat crash that claimed the life of a Merrimack man. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
The jail sentence would be for causing the death of Erick Eskeland, who was piloting his Sea Ray boat with his family aboard before it was struck by Buswell’s boat around 11:30 p.m., the agreement says.
Prosecutors agreed to the plea deal after Judge N. William Delker ruled in their favor regarding evidence challenged in the case.
Buswell had argued that he was in police custody when he was being questioned at his family’s waterfront home. The family owns a campground around the pond.
Buswell told investigators that he was delivering newspapers and did not see Eskeland’s boat when his boat collided with it, according to court testimony.
Trial in the sexual assault case is scheduled for July 28. His plea and sentencing in the boating case is expected on Aug. 14.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483