Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Plea deal in fatal boat crash on Country Pond in Kingston would allow six-month jail term
Lawrence Buswell, 53, of Kingston, struck a plea agreement with prosecutors regarding the fatal boat crash that claimed the life of a Merrimack man. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
The jail sentence would be for causing the death of Erick Eskeland, who was piloting his Sea Ray boat with his family aboard before it was struck by Buswell’s boat around 11:30 p.m., the agreement says.
Prosecutors agreed to the plea deal after Judge N. William Delker ruled in their favor regarding evidence challenged in the case.
Buswell had argued that he was in police custody when he was being questioned at his family’s waterfront home. The family owns a campground around the pond.
Buswell told investigators that he was delivering newspapers and did not see Eskeland’s boat when his boat collided with it, according to court testimony.
Trial in the sexual assault case is scheduled for July 28. His plea and sentencing in the boating case is expected on Aug. 14.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bath man, 73, charged with sexual assault of child - 0
- Two Derry residents charged with burglarizing home - 0
- 4 charged with digging up corpse of NH businessman - 0
- Former Manchester restaurateur convicted of sexual assault - 0
- Check scheme leads to arrests in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police warn of phone scam involving IRS claims - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Three arrested on drug charges after police search apartment - 3
- Seabrook fires two officers for Bergeron brutality - 7
- Former Claremont PTO member arrested for theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Cheshire Historical Society receives nearly $1 million - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
- Total Votes: 917