Monadnock Regional groups seeking more school district input
More than 300 members of Monadnock United aired the concerns to the school board at a meeting Tuesday.
For instance the school board recently adopted a homework policy without consulting teachers in the district, Colbert said.
Richard Thackston, chairman of the Monadnock Regional School District School Board, said Friday that he is happy that more people want to be more involved, but the transparency and collaboration Monadnock United is asking for is already available to district residents.
“Everybody there came with good intentions and I think it’s a good beginning of a conversation,” he said. “Some people were very emotional and that’s hard.”
The group also takes issue with some of the recent decisions by the district to reduce staff, cutting some teachers.
“The right hand doesn’t always know what the left hand is doing. We’re just trying to form a really good collaboration between all the involved parties,” Colbert said.
Five years ago the high school was close to losing its accreditation.
“This administration has had to deal with reduced funding and at the same time they have had to improve the net results of our schools,” Thackston said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chair to serve as Derry POW/MIA memorial - 0
- Harbor Homes of Nashua receives funds to expand mental health services - 0
- Veterans Home in Tilton takes on ALS challenge - 0
- Honor Our Veterans event on Aug. 24; free pork roast in Rochester; free pork roast in Rochester - 0
- Homeland Heroes to open "store" in Hudson - 0
- At 73, double amputee Vietnam vet is golfing again with special cart at Manchester CC - 0
- Veterans Home's oldest resident dies at 100 - 0
- Vets charity receives a $150,000 gift - 0
- Veterans News: Coupe De Ville Band plays in Kingston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name