Spanish explosives distributor to lease Alexandria land to wind farm developer
The Forest Society, meanwhile, has not joined with groups already in direct opposition to the proposed project (which is now in “infant” stages, EDP officials said) as it did with the recently withdrawn Wild Meadows wind farm project, which had been proposed by Spanish wind giant Iberdrola Renewables.
“The two companies run into each other on many projects,” he said.
Maxam does not make explosives on-site, but imports them and distributes them from buildings and vehicles on its large sites.
“The apparent unwillingness of (EDP) to respect the warrant articles, zoning restrictions and ordinances of the towns that their multi-national private land owner partner, Maxam, owns land in is a slap in the face to the towns and the residents of the region,” Wind Watch President Lori Lerner said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Governor to nominate three to the bench - 0
- State revenues slightly ahead for August - 0
- Hassan says NH's high workers' comp costs a burden - 0
- Executive Council approves railroad contract for Milford - 0
- Executive Council to consider raising dollar threshold for contracts - 0
- GOP to Hassan: What taxes would you raise? - 0
- NH Republicans push for 2014 fiscal budget figures - 0
- State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment - 17
- New victim protections passed by Legislature celebrated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too