Up on a roof (in Nashua)
Alderman-at-Large Brian McCarthy has submitted a resolution to release a request for proposals to build the two operation on top of the existing Elm Street and High Street parking garages.
“The rooftop areas of the two parking garages are largely unused, and the garages are significantly underutilized in the evening hours,” states the resolution. “It is important for the future economic vitality of downtown that the arts have a presence downtown, to improve the quality of life for downtown residents and to draw additional visitors into the downtown.”
The city’s lack of a large performing arts center was highlighted last month when aldermen were updated on the progress of various cultural initiatives throughout Nashua.
The Nashua Arts Commission is hoping to begin a new study focusing on a potential arts center within the next five years. The last study was completed about 12 or 13 years ago.
“It is worth the investment to figure out how we create the venues,” Kathy Hersh, president of City Arts, said recently. ‘
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Republicans push for 2014 fiscal budget figures - 0
- State Sen. David Boutin apologizes for lapse in judgment - 17
- New victim protections passed by Legislature celebrated - 0
- Gov. Hassan asks agency heads for conservative budgets - 2
- Hassan runs first ad as GOP claims more irregularities - 0
- Interim IT, NH tourism heads approved - 0
- Manchester lawyer urged to seek District 16 Senate seat - 0
- NH July revenues prompt spending warning - 0
- Gov. Hassan set to nominate acting IT, state tourism chiefs - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
DWI License Revocations
'Our job is to rebuild that middle class'
The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission