Home » News » Public Safety
Toddler tumbles from third-story window
Firefighters tend to a little girl after she fell out of a third-story window of a triple-decker on Merrimack Street in Manchester on Monday. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
The child landed in a narrow alleyway, where a chain-link fence separates the concrete surface from the neighbor’s yard. Leaves, a toddler’s shoe, litter and lumber with a few nails sticking out were beneath the window.
“No matter what she (the mother) does, she finds a way to get around it,” Zbink said. “She gets into things that actually amaze me.”
Victoria Ross, who lives next door, said Saliha was conscious and crying right after the fall. She said a broken leg prevented the girl from standing.
“It’s been said over and over again about the window,” Ross said. She said she always opens only the tops of windows, even though her children are old enough not to fall out the window.
Lt. Todd Boucher said it’s possible the child suffered a broken leg. He said police are investigating.
“We’re just looking into the circumstances surrounding the incident,” Boucher said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters