Home » News » Public Safety
Toddler tumbles from third-story window
Firefighters tend to a little girl after she fell out of a third-story window of a triple-decker on Merrimack Street in Manchester on Monday. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
The child landed in a narrow alleyway, where a chain-link fence separates the concrete surface from the neighbor’s yard. Leaves, a toddler’s shoe, litter and lumber with a few nails sticking out were beneath the window.
“No matter what she (the mother) does, she finds a way to get around it,” Zbink said. “She gets into things that actually amaze me.”
Victoria Ross, who lives next door, said Saliha was conscious and crying right after the fall. She said a broken leg prevented the girl from standing.
“It’s been said over and over again about the window,” Ross said. She said she always opens only the tops of windows, even though her children are old enough not to fall out the window.
Lt. Todd Boucher said it’s possible the child suffered a broken leg. He said police are investigating.
“We’re just looking into the circumstances surrounding the incident,” Boucher said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you