Home » News » Public Safety
Sanbornton firefighter answers call at own home
“Well, there was a little pucker factor there, but you just have to go do your job, no matter whose home it is,” Burlingame said.
“We made an incredible save,” he said. “If we got here two minutes later, the house would have burned to the ground.”
“The first arriving company had a heavy smoke condition inside the house, and there was smoke coming from the roof area around two chimneys,” Dexter said.
“Companies were able to quickly extinguish the bulk of the fire and the fire was declared under control at 2:42 p.m.,” Dexter said in a news release.
No one was hurt.
“I’m thankful that we got there so quickly,” Burlingame said at his home Sunday afternoon.
Sanbornton firefighters received assistance from Franklin, Tilton-Northfield, Laconia, Belmont, New Hampton and Gilmanton fire departments.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist dies in Route 302 crash - 0
- First Coffee with a Cop session goes smoothly - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 2
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 5
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen