Your Turn, NH -- Henry Perras: We are being governed by unelected regulators
“Our ancient laws expressly declare that those who are but delegates themselves shall not delegate to others powers which require judgment and integrity in their exercise,” Jefferson wrote. “The same laws forbid the abandonment of that post and allowing a transfer of their powers without consulting the people.”
The death of representation in Congress is manifest by the very people we elected, and this slow demise progresses as our representatives delegate more unconstitutional authority to regulatory agencies.
They believed the Constitution should be interpreted to encompass present day problems. What we now have is a massive, nearly uncontrollable governmental adjunct which is transforming our democratic republic into one of multi-despotic socialistic control.
It is not too late to wrest control from the regulators, but it has to be championed by knowledgeable representatives. Hopefully, this November we can send to Washington a group from New Hampshire who will follow the Founders’ guidelines.
Henry Perras is a retired electronic engineer from Amherst.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. journalist freed in Syria; British say they may have ID of Foley killer - 0
- Sen. Ayotte says strategy is needed to defeat ISIS - 1
- Mass. journalist freed in Syria; kidnappers are a rival group of Foley's murderers - 0
- Close to a thousand people remember James Foley at service in Rochester - 1
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- U.S. opens criminal probe into death - 0
- News veteran Balboni says Foley 'found his calling' covering war zones. - 0
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza - 0
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 31
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone