Manchester school officials tout decreasing dropout rate
There were 104 dropouts at the three high schools as of June 1, compared to 211 at this time last year, according to the district’s calculations, which were presented in a press release and before the school board this week.
The state Department of Education finalizes and releases dropout data for all districts in the state in February for the previous year.
Ryan told the school board on Monday that he believes the lower number of dropouts this past school year reflects the earnest efforts of administrators.
“High school principals, assistant principals and guidance staff organized a strong outreach effort to encourage students to complete their high school educations, and our numbers since last summer are showing results,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
- Stevens High School in Claremont to have start pushed back to Sept. 10 because of renovations - 0
- Plymouth State's $32 million health, track facility seen as student draw - 1
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 51
- Proposed hike for Manchester's driver education course reversed - 1
- With SNHU merger on hold, search renewed for NHIA president - 0
- Interim president encouraging student growth at WMCC - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate