Manchester school officials tout decreasing dropout rate
There were 104 dropouts at the three high schools as of June 1, compared to 211 at this time last year, according to the district’s calculations, which were presented in a press release and before the school board this week.
The state Department of Education finalizes and releases dropout data for all districts in the state in February for the previous year.
Ryan told the school board on Monday that he believes the lower number of dropouts this past school year reflects the earnest efforts of administrators.
“High school principals, assistant principals and guidance staff organized a strong outreach effort to encourage students to complete their high school educations, and our numbers since last summer are showing results,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Fitzwilliam police chief's lawsuit against the town dismissed - 0
- Nashua panel wants details on proposed site for city's new public health building - 0
- Sunapee officials say they don't plan to build housing - 1
- Merrimack considering assistant town manager - 0
- Lakes Region commission sees less growth in region - 1
- Cheshire commissioners to gather public opinion on county nursing home plans - 0
- Nashua group recommends new police contract - 0
- Upper Valley deer population talk on tap - 0
- Waterville Valley nearing completion of water system upgrade and first public works garage - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you