action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

June 24. 2014 7:57PM

Grill fire nearly spreads to house in Manchester

MANCHESTER — An unattended grill caused a porch fire Tuesday evening that almost spread to a home before firefighters were able to extinguish it, District Fire Chief Michael Gamache said.

A 15-year-old girl was alone at the 656 S. Beech St. apartment about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday when the fire was reported by a neighbor, Joan Connolly of 646 S. Beech St., who also alerted the girl to the fire, which she wasn’t aware of, Gamache said.

He said the porch and deck was “ablaze” and was progressing to the house, but firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about 10 minutes.

He said the damage was estimated at about $10,000 and the fire was ruled an accident.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events