All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In


Grill fire nearly spreads to house in Manchester


MANCHESTER — An unattended grill caused a porch fire Tuesday evening that almost spread to a home before firefighters were able to extinguish it, District Fire Chief Michael Gamache said.

A 15-year-old girl was alone at the 656 S. Beech St. apartment about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday when the fire was reported by a neighbor, Joan Connolly of 646 S. Beech St., who also alerted the girl to the fire, which she wasn’t aware of, Gamache said.

.
He said the porch and deck was “ablaze” and was progressing to the house, but firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about 10 minutes.

He said the damage was estimated at about $10,000 and the fire was ruled an accident.
..

Post or View Comments 


NH Maple Weekend NH Maple Weekend
All Weekend

Sap Gathering Contest Sap Gathering Contest
Saturday, 10 a.m.

45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show 45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show
Friday, 1-8 p.m.,
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.,
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Ales for Tails Ales for Tails
Sunday, 1-5 p.m.