action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:0
All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In


Grill fire nearly spreads to house in Manchester


MANCHESTER — An unattended grill caused a porch fire Tuesday evening that almost spread to a home before firefighters were able to extinguish it, District Fire Chief Michael Gamache said.

A 15-year-old girl was alone at the 656 S. Beech St. apartment about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday when the fire was reported by a neighbor, Joan Connolly of 646 S. Beech St., who also alerted the girl to the fire, which she wasn’t aware of, Gamache said.

He said the porch and deck was “ablaze” and was progressing to the house, but firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in about 10 minutes.

He said the damage was estimated at about $10,000 and the fire was ruled an accident.

action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:

        

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle - Public Safety