Monadnock area family of killed Marine travels to Delaware for arrival of body
“It was very emotional for me. The first step for it becoming real, even more real,” his mother, Jessie Garabrant of Rindge, said Tuesday night.
“We were there to basically witness the transfer from the plane to the van to go to the mortuary,” she said. “But each crew that does it is all in sync, and it’s a very precise process for each” flag-covered coffin.
“The support from the Marines and the community and our family and friends has been overwhelming and extremely helpful during this very difficult time,” she said.
He was the son of John Garabrant and Jessie Garabrant and had a younger brother and sister, Jacob and Mykala.
Garabrant, a 2013 graduate of ConVal Regional High School in Peterborough, became the focus of national attention last year after his request to graduate in his Marine Corps dress uniform was turned down. He chose not to fight the decision and to graduate in the traditional cap and gown “out of respect for the USMC and ConVal,” he said at the time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
- Hope Chapel Nashua plans a little fun on Saturday - 0
- Haitian choir sings in Hollis on Sunday - 0
- Religion Calender for the Weeks of Aug. 3 and 10 - 0
- St. James church celebrates Jonathan Daniels’ 75th birthday - 0
- Fox interview with Ibrahim delayed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Neighborhood group presents award to Manchester police - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen