Monadnock area family of killed Marine travels to Delaware for arrival of body
“It was very emotional for me. The first step for it becoming real, even more real,” his mother, Jessie Garabrant of Rindge, said Tuesday night.
“We were there to basically witness the transfer from the plane to the van to go to the mortuary,” she said. “But each crew that does it is all in sync, and it’s a very precise process for each” flag-covered coffin.
“The support from the Marines and the community and our family and friends has been overwhelming and extremely helpful during this very difficult time,” she said.
He was the son of John Garabrant and Jessie Garabrant and had a younger brother and sister, Jacob and Mykala.
Garabrant, a 2013 graduate of ConVal Regional High School in Peterborough, became the focus of national attention last year after his request to graduate in his Marine Corps dress uniform was turned down. He chose not to fight the decision and to graduate in the traditional cap and gown “out of respect for the USMC and ConVal,” he said at the time.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Peterborough makes plans for state's largest solar array - 0
- Alexandria won't approve permit for wind-power developer - 0
- Windham officials to discuss development - 0
- AMC asking N.E. governors to stop Northern Pass lines - 25
- Alternative routes being laid out for gas pipeline expansion - 1
- NH gas pipeline expansion pushed - 13
- PSNH discount carries a cost: Loyal customers pay more, those who switch offered lower rate - 7
- Wind company’s tower permit delayed again - 3
- Protesters decry 4.2-cent increase to statewide gas tax - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 1
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 3
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 3
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Workers pulling for ex-Market Basket CEO's buyout bid; rally planned Friday before board meeting
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health