Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Rockingham County jail guard under investigation for smuggling contraband to inmate
Investigators have not yet revealed the identity of the corrections officer, or the forbidden material delivered to the inmate.
“At this point in the investigation, we are seeing whether there was anyone else involved,” Sheriff’s Major Darin Melanson said on Wednesday. “There was a corrections officer bringing in prohibited articles to at least one inmate.”
No charges have been filed at this point. The officer was relieved on duty and remains suspended.
Melanson said that investigators at the sheriff’s department have been working with the Department of Corrections and the Rockingham County Attorney’s Office on the month-long probe. The investigation is not the first time a Rockingham County corrections officer came under scrutiny for smuggling contraband on behalf of an inmate.
Ann Marie Nelson, 55, of Chester was sentenced on Monday to 3 to 6 years in state prison. She pleaded guilty to charges that she stolen roughly $37,000 by padding her husband’s paycheck with overtime he never worked between 2012 and 2013. Nelson’s husband, Keith, worked as a corrections officer, but was not charged. Investigators said he had no knowledge of the thefts.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917