Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Pot sales date to 2008 in Tuesday NH raids
According to court records on file in U.S. District Court in Concord, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration opened an investigation into a drug ring in March 2008 after Oklahoma State Police stopped a Toyota Tundra with New Hampshire license plates being driven by Brandon Anderson in Reno, Okla.
The DEA’s investigation identified a “Drug Trafficking Organization” (DTO) centered in Canada and run by Colgrove that was responsible for distributing marijuana in the United States. The marijuana drug proceeds were transported to Canada and California. In California, the money was used to buy multi-kilogram quantities of cocaine that was brought back to the Granite State and then smuggled into Canada.
One of the five separate raids was at 366 Arah St., a single-family home owned by Alkis Nakos according to the city’s online assessors’ database,
Mara would not say who was arrested.
Nakos previously was convicted of drug trafficking and spent seven years in prison.
He was not injured in the incident, which shattered two windows on his car, but he was the one that ended up back in prison on a parole violation for refusing to allow parole officers to search the premises where he was living at that time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 1
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 1
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
- Trial involving former Derry town administrator delayed - 0
- Months later, cause of Canterbury logger's death remains a mystery - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 2
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
- Total Votes: 917