Vote endorses attorney general oversight of Rockingham County Attorney's Office
Reams left office last Tuesday just two months before he was set to face state removal proceedings that accused him of sexual harassment, ethical violations and alleged misuse of a forfeiture account.
The interim-replacement would oversee prosecutions in the office until voters elect a new top prosecutor this fall in the general election, according to county delegates.
Rep. Gene Charron, R-Chester, said he supports tapping the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office to help the county attorney’s office until the fall. The state would pay for the cost of the prosecutor appointed to the position.
The state attorney general’s office, which investigated the Reams case, has been overseeing county prosecutions since Reams was suspended last November.
Charron said that if there were problems with the attorney general’s office, he would have likely heard from employees.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Aldermen not quite ready to endorse art plan - 0
- Citing transparency, Merrimack officials won't hold private meetings with pipeline developers - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama