Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters use thermal imaging to pull Brookline man from burning home
Assistant Fire Chief Dave Flannery was the first to arrive at 30 Laurel Crest Drive; firefighters had been alerted that someone was trapped in the basement.
Wilson’s 16-year old sister, Alexis Wilson, was able to escape the flames on the first floor of the two-story home. Their parents, Bruce and Lisa Wilson, were not home at the time of the fire.
“It seemed like an eternity, but it was maybe a minute or two,” Flannery said. “It would have taken a lot longer without the camera because of the smoke and visibility inside was very poor.”
Fire crews remained on the scene putting out hot spots until 2 a.m. Wednesday. Three hours later, they had to return when the fire rekindled.
A Wilson Family Recovery Fund has been set-up at TD Bank in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Donations of essentials will be accepted at the Cozy Tea Cart on Route 13 in Brookline.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change