Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters use thermal imaging to pull Brookline man from burning home
Assistant Fire Chief Dave Flannery was the first to arrive at 30 Laurel Crest Drive; firefighters had been alerted that someone was trapped in the basement.
Wilson’s 16-year old sister, Alexis Wilson, was able to escape the flames on the first floor of the two-story home. Their parents, Bruce and Lisa Wilson, were not home at the time of the fire.
“It seemed like an eternity, but it was maybe a minute or two,” Flannery said. “It would have taken a lot longer without the camera because of the smoke and visibility inside was very poor.”
Fire crews remained on the scene putting out hot spots until 2 a.m. Wednesday. Three hours later, they had to return when the fire rekindled.
A Wilson Family Recovery Fund has been set-up at TD Bank in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Donations of essentials will be accepted at the Cozy Tea Cart on Route 13 in Brookline.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua bomb squad deployed, people evacuated after fireworks explosion - 0
- Driver trapped by live wires after early morning crash in Bow - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 45
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- New Hampshire police part of funeral for slain NYC officer - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Details of Reams inquiry released