Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters rescue Brookline man from four-alarm blaze
Fire Chief Charlie Corey said Wednesday that firefighters heading to 30 Laurel Crest Drive were told by the 911 dispatcher that someone was trapped in the basement. Alexis Wilson, 16, had been on the first floor of the two-story home, which also has an attic, and was able to make it out on her own.
The fire was reported at 6:45 p.m. Heavy black smoke was pouring out of the rear of the building when the first fire crews arrived on scene.
The blaze quickly went to the equivalent of a four-alarm fire, bringing fire crews from the surrounding area. Tankers were brought in and a 4-inch line was run to a nearby fire pond that was put in when the housing development was built years ago, the chief said.
Corey said there is nothing left of the home. The attic collapsed into the building, taking down the second and first floors. He said investigators will have to dig through six to eight feet of debris to try to determine how the blaze started.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley