Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters rescue Brookline man from four-alarm blaze
Fire Chief Charlie Corey said Wednesday that firefighters heading to 30 Laurel Crest Drive were told by the 911 dispatcher that someone was trapped in the basement. Alexis Wilson, 16, had been on the first floor of the two-story home, which also has an attic, and was able to make it out on her own.
The fire was reported at 6:45 p.m. Heavy black smoke was pouring out of the rear of the building when the first fire crews arrived on scene.
The blaze quickly went to the equivalent of a four-alarm fire, bringing fire crews from the surrounding area. Tankers were brought in and a 4-inch line was run to a nearby fire pond that was put in when the housing development was built years ago, the chief said.
Corey said there is nothing left of the home. The attic collapsed into the building, taking down the second and first floors. He said investigators will have to dig through six to eight feet of debris to try to determine how the blaze started.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist suffers minor injuries in Saturday crash in Laconia - 0
- 18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Two killed in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- New fire training facility proposed in Nashua - 0
- 2 die in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 5
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
DWI License Revocations