Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, children being held again in Sudan
Daniel Wani of Manchester, his wife, Meriam Ibrahim, and their two children were arrested Tuesday in Sudan. (COURTESY)
She said the charges d’affairs of the American embassy has met with the Sudanese foreign ministry over the detention. The bottom line, Harf said, is that the family needs to depart Sudan as swiftly as possible and be kept safe.
“It is regrettable and disturbing that some elements attempted to bring Meriam to U.S by issuing her an entry visa on a fraudulent traveling document obtained from a foreign country,” the message reads.
“The same legal system that protects her right and secures her freedom is capable of guaranteeing her right to leave the country whenever the legal procedure comes to an end,” the message reads. The statement refers to Ibrahim by her Muslim name – Abrar Hadi Mohammed Abdullah - on first reference.
International pressure mounted on Sudan since news surfaced that Ibrahim, who was eight months pregnant at the time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
- Inaugural organ concert at Wolfeboro church Aug. 27 - 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
- Hope Chapel Nashua plans a little fun on Saturday - 0
- Haitian choir sings in Hollis on Sunday - 0
- Religion Calender for the Weeks of Aug. 3 and 10 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner