Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, children being held again in Sudan
Daniel Wani of Manchester, his wife, Meriam Ibrahim, and their two children were arrested Tuesday in Sudan. (COURTESY)
She said the charges d’affairs of the American embassy has met with the Sudanese foreign ministry over the detention. The bottom line, Harf said, is that the family needs to depart Sudan as swiftly as possible and be kept safe.
“It is regrettable and disturbing that some elements attempted to bring Meriam to U.S by issuing her an entry visa on a fraudulent traveling document obtained from a foreign country,” the message reads.
“The same legal system that protects her right and secures her freedom is capable of guaranteeing her right to leave the country whenever the legal procedure comes to an end,” the message reads. The statement refers to Ibrahim by her Muslim name – Abrar Hadi Mohammed Abdullah - on first reference.
International pressure mounted on Sudan since news surfaced that Ibrahim, who was eight months pregnant at the time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sandy Hook mom to talk Nov. 5 at Nashua church - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- St. Charles Church in Dover to be torn down - 2
- Tibetan monks make peace offering in Peterborough - 0
- Parishes to show support for priests this weekend - 0
- Bedford church helps African missionaries - 0
- Churches turn to social media to reach people - 0
- Salem church a step closer to expanded feeding capability - 0
- Beloved pastor, Citizen of the Year dies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
School's out for voters