Fallen Marine to return to NH on Saturday; calling hours, service set for next week in Peterborough
Garabrant’s remains are expected to arrive at Manchester Airport Saturday morning, according to his mother, Jessie Garabrant.
On Saturday, July 5, a service for Garabrant is planned at ConVal at 10 a.m., followed by a burial service at the New Hampshire State Veterans Cemetery in Boscawen.
The 19-year-old Marine grew up in Greenfield and graduated from ConVal High in 2013. He was the son of John and Jessie Garabrant and had a younger brother and sister, Jacob and Mykala.
His desire to wear his Marine Corps dress uniform to his high school graduation drew national attention last year when the school said it was against policy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hostages held in Australia Lindt Cafe, forced to hold Islamic flag in window - 0
- Iraq presses Hagel for greater U.S. military support against ISIS - 0
- Graphic report on CIA interrogations, torture released by Senate Democrats - 10
- U.S., South African hostages in Yemen killed in rescue attempt by U.S. SEAL team - 1
- Islamic State targeted in 17 air strikes by U.S., allies - 0
- ISIS kills US aid worker who had been held hostage - 0
- NH Guard members buoyed by deployment ceremony - 0
- U.S. helicopters return to combat missions in Iraq - 0
- Video: British hostage beheaded by ISIS - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Two arrestesd for allegedly scamming motorists buying gas in Rochester - 0
- Londonderry police assisting in investigation of violent Maine home invasion - 0
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Man stealing wine threatens clerk of Manchester 7-Eleven with knife - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Standing up for Salvation: Ringing the bell in the cold is a tough job - 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
After Newtown: A gun rights revival
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose