Fallen Marine to return to NH on Saturday; calling hours, service set for next week in Peterborough
Garabrant’s remains are expected to arrive at Manchester Airport Saturday morning, according to his mother, Jessie Garabrant.
On Saturday, July 5, a service for Garabrant is planned at ConVal at 10 a.m., followed by a burial service at the New Hampshire State Veterans Cemetery in Boscawen.
The 19-year-old Marine grew up in Greenfield and graduated from ConVal High in 2013. He was the son of John and Jessie Garabrant and had a younger brother and sister, Jacob and Mykala.
His desire to wear his Marine Corps dress uniform to his high school graduation drew national attention last year when the school said it was against policy.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 1
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Stopping the worst people on earth - 0
- Lynn Preston's NH Legal Perspectives: What prospective real estate purchasers need to know - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: 'Mirror' approach reflects important role of humans in dog training - 0
- Thomas Sowell: The media and the mob - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner