Fallen Marine to return to NH on Saturday; calling hours, service set for next week in Peterborough
Garabrant’s remains are expected to arrive at Manchester Airport Saturday morning, according to his mother, Jessie Garabrant.
On Saturday, July 5, a service for Garabrant is planned at ConVal at 10 a.m., followed by a burial service at the New Hampshire State Veterans Cemetery in Boscawen.
The 19-year-old Marine grew up in Greenfield and graduated from ConVal High in 2013. He was the son of John and Jessie Garabrant and had a younger brother and sister, Jacob and Mykala.
His desire to wear his Marine Corps dress uniform to his high school graduation drew national attention last year when the school said it was against policy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: A rogue President remakes America - 0
- Another View -- Max Boot: Six steps to a better strategy for defeating ISIS - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Wait, when did we finish talking about Gruber? - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: The climate pact swindle - 0
- Roger Simon: So why don't the media report better news? - 0
- George Will: Required reading on a Rockefeller - 0
- Deroy Murdock: The silence of the colored people - 2
- John Stossel: Don't put control freaks in control of your government - 4
- Kayla Bullwinkel: Schools must go after cyber bullies while respecting the First Amendment - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.