Fallen Marine to return to NH on Saturday; calling hours, service set for next week in Peterborough
Garabrant’s remains are expected to arrive at Manchester Airport Saturday morning, according to his mother, Jessie Garabrant.
On Saturday, July 5, a service for Garabrant is planned at ConVal at 10 a.m., followed by a burial service at the New Hampshire State Veterans Cemetery in Boscawen.
The 19-year-old Marine grew up in Greenfield and graduated from ConVal High in 2013. He was the son of John and Jessie Garabrant and had a younger brother and sister, Jacob and Mykala.
His desire to wear his Marine Corps dress uniform to his high school graduation drew national attention last year when the school said it was against policy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 80
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 5
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too