NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
An Acadian flycatcher was discovered off of Bennett Road in Durham on May 24 and was seen several times since then. It was last reported on June 22. It has been seen and heard singing less than 1 mile from Route 108 on the north side of the road, among scattered alders in a field and near a small pond.
A grasshopper sparrow was seen at Cemetery Fields, located off of Merrimack Road in Amherst on June 20.
Nine purple martins were seen from Cross Beach Road in Seabrook on June 21, and six purple martins were reported from Wakefield on June 22.
A mourning warbler was reported from Pittsfield on June 16.
Two Canada warblers were reported from Rhododendron State Park in Fitzwilliam on June 22.
Birders hiking on Mount Pierce and Mount Eisenhower reported 16 Bicknell’s thrushes, a black-backed woodpecker, four Boreal chickadees, five gray jays and five fox sparrows, all on June 21 and 22.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford Bison NH baseball 38+ champs for 2014 - 0
- NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert for Aug. 26 - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Orioles, catbirds, robins line up for grape jelly - 0
- Bedford man accused of sexually assaulting 2 children - 0
- Londonderry firefighters on mission to make sure children won’t be cold - 0
- Salem considers legal action over damaged school gym floor at Lancaster Elementary - 0
- Great NH Restaurants to expand its charitable efforts with FEEDNH.org - 0
- Win tickets to see Steven Wright - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test