Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Judge orders competency hearing for accused stalker
The results of the evaluation could determine whether Dawn Marie Thompson, 43, of Haverhill, Mass., ultimately faces trial on charges of burglary, stalking and criminal mischief.
Hampton police said that prior to Thompson’s arrest on Aug. 9, they had been to the victim’s home at least six times for various reports of criminal mischief, burglary and harassment.
Campbell said in court papers that Thompson appears to have problems understanding the trial proceedings pending against her and the ability to assist in her own defense.
Thompson’s ex-boyfriend and another woman living in the home had recently moved to Hampton from York, Maine, where they also had their home broken into, according to Hampton police.
A second break-in — when the victim found Thompson inside the home wearing a mask — led to Thompson’s arrest.
Police officers came upon the woman walking in the area a short time later. Her car was found a few blocks away from the home near the area of Winnacunnet Road and Acadia Avenue, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 21
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Total Votes: 917