Home » News » Public Safety
Man lost in the woods rescued by K-9 team in Hancock
Bill Weston was not injured when he was located around in a heavily-wooded area around 11 p.m. Saturday, about 12 hours after he left to go on a walk, Fish and Game said in a release Sunday.
Weston's family searched for him during the afternoon and called Hancock police around 4:30 p.m. Several other agencies and search-and-rescue units joined the search, which also included the New Hampshire State Police helicopter.
The New England K-9 search-and-rescue team located Weston, who was uninjured but taken to a local hospital to be evaluated.
When it comes to searching for people lost in heavy woods, conservation officers recommend searching the immediate area for up to 15 minutes, then calling 911. Lost hikers can wander deeper into the woods, which makes the search more difficult.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads