All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In


Boy injured in overnight Manchester fire caused by unattended stove


MANCHESTER - Investigators say oil left unattended on a stove caused an intense overnight fire in a three-family home on Laurel Street.

District Chief Jim Michael of the Manchester Fire Department said that the cooking oil reached a boil and started a fire that had engulfed the first-floor kitchen when firefighters arrived just before midnight Saturday.

Firefighters escorted several people out of the three-story building at 418 Laurel St. and were able to quickly contain the fire, preventing additional damages to the upper floors, Michael said.

A 5 year old boy was taken to Elliot Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The call came in at 11:58 p.m. Saturday and the fire was under control 15 minutes later. Damage was estimated around $15,000.


.

Post or View Comments 


NH Maple Weekend NH Maple Weekend
All Weekend

Sap Gathering Contest Sap Gathering Contest
Saturday, 10 a.m.

45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show 45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show
Friday, 1-8 p.m.,
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.,
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Ales for Tails Ales for Tails
Sunday, 1-5 p.m.

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle