Home » News » Public Safety
Boy injured in overnight Manchester fire caused by unattended stove
District Chief Jim Michael of the Manchester Fire Department said that the cooking oil reached a boil and started a fire that had engulfed the first-floor kitchen when firefighters arrived just before midnight Saturday.
Firefighters escorted several people out of the three-story building at 418 Laurel St. and were able to quickly contain the fire, preventing additional damages to the upper floors, Michael said.
A 5 year old boy was taken to Elliot Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
The call came in at 11:58 p.m. Saturday and the fire was under control 15 minutes later. Damage was estimated around $15,000.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 43
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind