All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In


Manchester fire caused by cooking oil left on stove


MANCHESTER — Investigators say oil left unattended on a stove caused an intense overnight fire in a three-family home on Laurel Street.

District Chief Jim Michael of the Manchester Fire Department said the cooking oil reached a boil and started a fire that had engulfed the first-floor kitchen when firefighters arrived just before midnight Saturday.

Firefighters escorted several people out of the three-story building at 418 Laurel St. and were able to quickly contain the fire, preventing additional damage to the upper floors, Michael said.

A 5-year-old boy was taken to Elliot Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The call came in at 11:58 p.m. Saturday and the fire was under control 15 minutes later. Damage was estimated around $15,000.


Monty Python's Spamalot
Friday, 7:30 p.m.,
Saturday, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m.,
Sunday, 2 p.m.

The Whipping Man
Friday-Saturday, 7:30 p.m.,
Sunday, 4 p.m.

TOTO
Sunday, 7 p.m.