action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

June 29. 2014 9:11PM

Manchester fire caused by cooking oil left on stove

MANCHESTER — Investigators say oil left unattended on a stove caused an intense overnight fire in a three-family home on Laurel Street.

District Chief Jim Michael of the Manchester Fire Department said the cooking oil reached a boil and started a fire that had engulfed the first-floor kitchen when firefighters arrived just before midnight Saturday.

Firefighters escorted several people out of the three-story building at 418 Laurel St. and were able to quickly contain the fire, preventing additional damage to the upper floors, Michael said.

A 5-year-old boy was taken to Elliot Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The call came in at 11:58 p.m. Saturday and the fire was under control 15 minutes later. Damage was estimated around $15,000.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events