Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Salem man charged with having child sex abuse images
Mark Dawaliby, of Salem, was ordered held at the Rockingham County jail on $50,000 cash bail following his arraignment Monday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem Division. Dawaliby was charged with five counts of possession of child pornography and eight counts of possession of child sex abuse images, police said. The girls shown in the photos and video are believed to be between the ages of 7 and 9 years old, police said.
Dawaliby was arrested on Saturday at his home around 11:15 a.m. without incident. The charges were brought after a months-long investigation by the state’s Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force and Salem police detectives who focus on juvenile matters. Police executed a search warrant on Dawaliby’s home in March to seize computer and other media devices from the residence, police said. A forensic examination of the machine found 12 images and one video containing child pornography involving the young girls, according to police. All 13 charges filed against Dawaliby are felonies. Eight of them are Class A felonies, each punishable by up to 7½ to 15 years in state prison. Dawaliby will be due back in circuit court within in the next 10 days for a probable cause hearing.
If you suspect child abuse, call the New Hampshire Division for Children, Youth and Families at 800-894-5533 , or contact your local police.
If you have a question or concern, contact Granite State Children’s Alliance 889-0321 or online at www.cac-nh.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917